1. If you haven't already done so, please fill out questionnaire available in the downlaods section of this website and bring it with you on the day of your surgery.
2. Have your laboratory tests done according to orders by your physician, 3 days prior to surgery
3. You will receive a phone call 1-3 days prior to surgery from our staff to review all instructions regarding your surgery. To Protect your privacy, only a message to return our call will be left.
4. If you have children, we encourage you to arrange for childcare.
5. Follow eating instructions exactly as indicated below
1. Surgical Patients – Nothing to eat or drink, including water, after midnight.
EXCEPTION: If surgery is scheduled after 2.00 PM, the patient may have clear fluids and dry piece of toast before 6.00 AM, THEN NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK BEFORE SURGERY.
2. GI patients – nothing to eat or drink, including water, after midnight.
3. Pain Management Patients – Nothing to eat or drink, including water, after midnight, unless otherwise instructed.
1. If you take medications on a daily basis for heart disease, blood pressure, seizure disorders, asthma or breathing problems you may continue to take them on schedule with a small sip of water. Bring medications with you, if requested.
2. If you take Aspirin, blood thinning medications, herbal supplements or medications for weight loss PLEASE consult your surgeon about its use. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR SURGERY BEING CANCELLED.
1. You may bathe or shower the night before or morning of surgery.
2. You may brush your teeth and/or gargle.
3. Wear only light face or eye make-up.
1. Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing that buttons or zips in the front.
2. If you wear contact lenses, leave them out and wear your glasses.
3. Leave all jewelry, watches, purse, cell phone and other valuables at home.
1. A responsible adult must drive you home. We cannot discharge you unaccompanied if you have had any sedation/anesthesia. YOUR PROCEDURE MAY BE CANCELLED IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIDE HOME.
2. You should have someone stay with you for the first 24 hours.
**Gl patients for 4 hours.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give our staff a call.
280 S. Main Street, Suite 100 . Orange, California 92868
Ph 714-704-1900, Fax 714-704-1912